Sunday, December 30, 2007

This, is the end of the storm...

My desk was messed up and covered my pieces of evidence, newspaper's pages and those pictures I could save from the fire. There was a gusty feeling in the room, so I shut down the window; ite ceased but get hot instantly. The fan refused to work, the window start to loo as appealing as the whores crossing the street and a sense of hybris made me keep it as it is.
As the morning was expending itself by means of paperwork and swearing myself, I had grown tired of the room, as every morning wasted there. I saved my work, collected my notes and put the files back in the shelf. When I was getting done there, the phone rang twice.
The first call was a invitation from the building management to assist at the weekly management information meeting. I don´t remember exactly my words, if any.
The second one was the important one: a woman asked me to stay in the ofice. She said she knew about my usual morning absence and asked me to wait for her. Then she hung out.
I took my Glock, loaded it with ammo and put it down my desk. And waited there for a woman I didn´t recognice by the way she requested me staying...

No comments: